Friday 21 November 2014

November 2014 | TBR

November is going to be just as crazy, if not more, as October was so despite the fact I am setting a TBR, there is a very large chance that I will not read many of these books. Unfortunately, uni is taking up all of my time and I am left with very little time to read. However, I do like to set myself a challenge so let's see how many of these I do manage.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn -
This was in my TBR for October and even though I started it in October, I am yet to finish it. I am about two thirds of the way through and really liking it so I will hopefully finish it really soon. It is about a girl whose family was murdered when she was very young and, possibly due to her testimony, her brother was sent to prison for the murders. However, she is contacted by a group of people who believe her brother is innocent so she must try to find out what actually happened. 

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins -
I am really hoping to reread this before the movie is released in the UK on the 20th of November. I am not sure how likely that is considering I have an essay to write next week but I really hope I manage to as I don't remember much since it has been so long since I first read it.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling -
I had hoped to read this back in August but never got around to it. I really want to have read at least the first three books in the series this year so I am hoping I will get around to it this month. It really is shameful that I have not read this series yet.

Dancing In My Nuddy-Pants by Louise Rennison -
I have been rereading the first few books in this series before finishing the series and managed to read the first three in the series last month. This is the fourth book and I am not sure whether or not I have read it so it may or may not be another reread. These are super quick, easy reads so hopefully I will at least get this read this month.

This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales - 
This is one I picked out of my TBR jar for this month. I decided to give my TBR jar some use as I haven't used it in a little while and this is one of the books that I probably wouldn't have picked up if I hadn't pulled it out. I know very little about this book as it was the title which made me buy it. I know that it is about a girl who is or wants to be a DJ but I can't tell you much more.

Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief -
This is another book from the TBR jar but this is one that I have been wanting to read for a while now. I was never very interested in these books when they were first published but now that I have studied Latin and Classical Studies for 6 years and have an interested in Greek and Roman mythology, these books sound really interesting to me. I am really hoping I will get around to reading this some time this month.

Those are the books I plan to read in the month of November. Have you read any of them? What are you planning to read this month?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment