Thursday 6 November 2014

October 2014 | Wrap Up & Haul

October has been another crazy busy month so I've had very little time to read. Like I mentioned last month, things are only going to get busier.

My Life In October...
- I started watching Grey's Anatomy and it has taken over my life! We've managed to watch the first 5 seasons in one month.
- I managed one more weekend away with my mum before the crazy holiday season begins.
- I handed in my first essay of the semester and somehow managed to pass it.
- I spent more money than I should have on the best possible tickets for The Vamps tour next year with Union J supporting them. I am so excited!
- I went to the Big Reunion Boyband Tour and spent a lot of time fangirling over A1 and Gareth Gates, I'm a ten-year-old at heart.

Read In October...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison -
I read this book a few years ago and loved it. I never got round to finishing the series so I decided to re-read the first few books and then finish the series. This series is written in the form of a diary of teenager Georgia Nicholson and follows her as she discovers the wonders of boys and deals with issues with friends. I loved this the first time through but now that I am a bit older I found it a little immature. 4/5

It's OK, I'm Wearing Really Big Knickers! by Louise Rennison -
This is the second book in the Georgia Nicholson series and I had the same issues with this as I did with the first book. I loved it originally but found a lot it a little immature. 3/5

Knocked Out By My Nunga-Nungas by Louise Rennison -
This is the third book in the series and another re-read. Again I had some issues with the immaturity of the characters but they are such quick, easy reads that it wasn't too much of a problem. 3/5

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Weird Things Customers Say In Bookshops by Jen Campbell -
I had heard so much about this book that I decided to buy it on the kindle store on a whim and read it in about half an hour. This book is filled with funny stories of things customers have said and done while in bookshops. It is a really quick, easy read and I enjoyed it. I didn't love it as much as everyone else seems to have though. 3/5

Bought In October...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern -
I already read this book last month and reviewed it but when I saw the movie cover I just couldn't resist. I love Sam Claflin so I obviously needed his face on a book.

Stop in the Name of Pants & Are Those My Basoomas I See Before Me by Louise Rennison -
I bought the first six books in this series last month and so bought the 9th and 10th books in the series to complete my collection. I managed to get these on ebay for a really good price and they are in great condition.

What have you read or bought in October? Have you read any of the books I mentioned?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment