Tuesday 4 November 2014

Top Ten Tuesday | Books I Want To Re-read

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke And The Bookish. Lists galore, I can think of nothing better!

This weeks topic is books I want to re-read. I never used to be much of a re-reader but this year I have managed to re-read four books and there are plenty more I want to get to.

1. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

When the Catching Fire movie came out, I decided to reread the book before I went to see it and when I did I realised there were a lot of details that I had forgotten with it being so long since I had read it. With Mockingjay Part 1 coming out this month, I really want to reread the book before I see the movie.

2. A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I read this book a while ago when I was going through a phase of reading Nicholas Sparks books and although I remember most of the details, the books have merged together a little as I read them all so close together. I know I loved A Walk To Remember so I would really like to reread it so make sure all the details I remember are actually from that book.

3. The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time by Mark Haddon
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is a book I read a really long time ago. In fact, all I can remember about it is that I liked it. I really want to reread this one to see if I still like it as much as I did years ago when I first read it.

4. Of Mice And Men by John Steinbeck
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have heard many people say you should reread a book you read for school to see if you like it when you’re not being forced to read it. I read Of Mice And Men for school and it was one of the less dull books we had to read. OF course, because I was forced to read it, I didn’t like it at the time but I would be interested to see if I liked it if I were to reread it.

5. Something Blue by Emily Giffin

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is another book I read a while ago but really loved. I don’t remember too many details but I do remember I really loved the ending. I would really love to reread this one.

6. Isla And The Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I only read this in September but I really love this book. It’s my favourite of the Anna And The French Kiss series and I love Isla and Josh a lot. I have a feeling this will be the book to get me out of reading slumps in future. I wanted to reread it as soon as I finished it.

7. Where Rainbows End/Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I read this book in September as well and loved it (review here). This is another one I wanted to reread as soon as I finished it. Since I read Where Rainbows End and then bought the Love, Rosie movie cover edition, it’s almost like two different books. So that justifies rereading it straight after reading it for the first time, right?

8. Unwind & Unwholly by Neal Shusterman
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

I read the first two books in the Unwind series a couple of years ago so don’t remember them too well. I do want to continue with the series, since I loved the first book so much, but I will probably need to reread the first two before carrying on.

9. New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Don’t judge me for this. I reread Twilight earlier this year and it made me feel very nostalgic so I would like to continue to reread the series. I was originally wanting to see how it compared to the other book I have read since then and although it is really not as good as I originally thought it was, I still like the series.

10. The Midwife's Here! by Linda Fairley
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I read this book a couple of years ago when being a midwife was just a dream that I wasn’t going to get the chance to pursue. Now, though, I am trying to pursue that dream and I would like to reread this now that it can get me excited rather then remind me of something I want but can’t have.

What books do you want to re-read soon?

Sophie :)

3 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about rereading the Twilight Saga lately, after all that book was the one that made me not only like reading but be addicted to it. It would be great to reread Mockingjay but I had this idea that a little before the last movie will be out I'll reread all the books then do a movie marathon and then go to the cinema.
    Great picks, also thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up Twilight when I was in a reading slump for that exact reason and it got me out of the reading slump really quickly.
      It's become a bit of a tradition for me to re-read the Hunger Games books before the movie comes out and I really don't remember much from Mockingjay. No doubt i'll do something like that when the last movie comes out.

      Sophie :)

      Delete
  2. I have only read Of Mice and Men and MockingJay, but I do notice some authors I like! I'm so excited for the movie MockingJay!! :) Great List, check out my Top Ten at
    http://books4ev.blogspot.com !

    ReplyDelete