Monday 8 December 2014

November 2014 | Wrap Up & Haul

November has been possibly the most horrendous month of the year. The end of the semester is always tough but this one seems to be especially hard.

My life in November...
- Uni completely took over my life. I had one exam and two essays and all of it was horrible.
- I continued with Grey's Anatomy in my occasional free time and managed season 6-9.
- I'm A Celebrity started and I am obsessed!
- I went on a church weekend away with some of my closest friends.
- My mum and I had a nice shopping day and managed to get the majority of our Christmas shopping done.
- I had my first Gingerbread Latte of the season and it was just as great as always.
- Mockingjay Part 1!! Oh my, it was good! 
- My Christmas decorations are up! I like to have them up for December starting so it's usually the last thing I do in November.

Read in November...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn-
I started reading this in October but found no time to read so it was carried over into November. I picked this up because I had mixed feelings about Gone Girl and wanted to read something different from Gillian Flynn to see if I like it. I'm so glad I did because I really liked this book. This book is about a woman whose entire family was killed when she was a child and her brother was jailed for it, partly due to her testimony, and now she must find out whether he actually killed her family. It was seriously twisted, as Gillian Flynn's books are, but it was so intriguing and the characters were not as bad as those in Gone Girl. 4/5

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins -
Ok, so I finished this on December 1st but I am counting this as a November read considering I read almost all of it in November. I reread this before going to see the movie and part of me wishes I hadn't. I really didn't like it the first time through but I loved it this time, which is why part of me is glad I reread it. The problem was, everything was so fresh in my mind that I knew exactly what parts were missed out of the book and what things were different, which made it quite annoying to watch the movie. Like I said, I liked it a lot more this time around so I have changed my rating. 4/5

Bought In November...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My True Love Gave To Me by various authors -
Stephanie Perkins edited this so of course I had to read it. I love Christmas so twelve short stories about holiday romance is possibly me perfect thing. I am so excited to read this.

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens - 
I wanted to read some Christmas books this month and I need to read a Classic for my book bingo challenge so this seemed like the perfect one. It was also one of the free books on the Kindle store so I couldn't say no.

What have you been reading in November? Have you bought any good books?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment