Tuesday 9 December 2014

Top Ten Tuesday | Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke And The Bookish. Lists galore, I can think of nothing better!

This week's theme is Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2014 and for this I had plenty of choice. I have read much more in 2014 than I have in previous years and so the majority of my reading was books by authors I have not read before.

1. Stephanie Perkins
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I finally got around to reading Anna And The French Kiss this year and this trilogy has very quickly become a favourite. I absolutely love Stephanie Perkins' writing and I am certain she will become an 'auto-buy' author for me. Check out my reviews of Anna & Lola.

2. Veronica Roth
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I gave into the hype earlier this year and picked up Divergent by Veronica Roth and fell in love with it. I wasn't as in love with Insurgent and have yet to pick up Allegiant but I am definitely a fan of Veronica Roth's writing. I have a full review of Divergent here.

3. Gillian Flynn
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Gillian Flynn is one of those authors that everyone seems to be talking about this year. I read Gone Girl early this year before I knew it was to be made into a movie and wasn't a huge fan of it. However, since reading Dark Places in November I have definitely become a fan of her writing. I have a review of Gone Girl here.

4. Cecilia Ahern
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ever since I fell in love with the movie PS I Love You I have been wanting to read Cecelia Ahern's books but it wasn't until this year that I got around to it. Where Rainbows End is one of my favourite books that I have read this year and because of that I cannot wait to read some more of her works. You can have a look at my review of Where Rainbows End here.

5. Gayle Forman
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I picked up If I Stay in order to read it before seeing the movie. I am a fan of Chloe Grace Moretz so when I found out she was in the movie, and when I saw the trailer, I really wanted to give the book a go. I did really like the book but I feel like I need to give Gayle Forman another chance to completely win me over.

6. Jenny B Jones
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Katie Parker Productions series was not only my first read from Jenny B Jones but was also my first venture into the world of Christian Fiction. I absolutely loved this series, especially the writing, and I will definitely be reading more from Jenny B Jones next year.

7. Jennifer E Smith
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Statistical Probability Of Love At First Sight is another book that I had wanted to read for a while but never got around to it until this year. I absolutely loved this book and I really hope to read more by Jennifer E Smith in 2015. 

8. John Green
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I am probably one of the last people to read a book by John Green but I eventually read The Fault In Our Stars this year. I loved it, of course, and as much as I have heard mixed reviews about his other books I do plan to read some of his other works in 2015.

9. Tracy Bloom
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I picked up Tracy Bloom's book on a complete whim and was very pleasantly surprised. Her writing is very funny and I loved the story. There is a good chance I will be reading some more from her in the future. I have a review of No-One Ever Has Sex On A Tuesday here.

10. Danielle Steel
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I can't say I ever expected to read a Danielle Steel book. My gran loves her books and so when she gave me a copy of Friends Forever I decided to give it a read and I was extremely surprised when I really enjoyed it. I am not sure if I will be reading any more books from her but if my gran were to lend me another I would most likely give it a go. My full review of Friends Forever is here.

So that is my list of the top ten new-to-me authors I have read this year. I have read some great books by new-to-me authors this year and I hope to read more next year. What authors were new to you this year?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment