Thursday 1 January 2015

2014 | End Of Year Book Survey

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This survey is created and hosted by Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Number of books you read: 40
Number of rereads: 5
Genre you read the most from: Probably contemporary romance.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1. Best books you read in 2014?
I guess I'll have to go with the four books I gave 5 stars to in 2014. They were Where Rainbows End by Cecilia Ahern (review), Divergent by Veronica Roth (review), Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (review) and The Fault In Our Stars by John Green.

2. Book you were excited about & thought you were going to love more but didn't?
I have to say Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I absolutely loved Divergent and was so excited to read the second book in the series but unfortunately I didn't love it.

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
Even though it was a reread, I'm going to say Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. I reread this before going to see the movie and was very surprised by how much my opinion of this book changed the second time around. On first read I did not like this book and was disappointed with the ending to the series. However, second time around I really enjoyed the book.

4. Book you pushed the most people to read (and they did) in 2014?
I don't have a whole lot of book loving friends to push books to but I did force my best friend to read Divergent (I even bought the book for her) and she loved it.

5. Best series you started in 2014? Best sequel of 2014? Best series ender of 2014?
Series Started: Divergent by Veronica Roth (review)
Sequel: On The Loose by Jenny B Jones
Series Ender: Isla And The Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (review)

6. Favourite new author you discovered in 2014?
I've discovered so many new authors this year so it is difficult to choose just one. I would definitely say Stephanie Perkins has become one of my authors.

7. Best book from a genre you don't typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I don't typically read a lot of fantasy but a couple of my friends were pressuring me to read The Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan and I really enjoyed it.

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
This definitely has to be Dark Places by Gillian Flynn. If I hadn't read this during one of the busiest times in my uni semester and had more time to read, I would have read this in one sitting. It's very twisted and thrilling, I really enjoyed it.

9. Book you read in 2014 that you are most likely to reread next year?
Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern (review). I loved this book and will probably reread it in the near future.

10. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2014?
I absolutely love the cover of My True Love Gave To Me by various authors.

11. Most memorable character of 2014?
Josh! I love Josh! Josh of Isla And The Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (review), of course.

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
We Were Liars by E Lockhart (review).

13. Most thought provoking/life-changing book of 2014?
I can't say I read anything I found life-changing in 2014 but The Fault In Our Stars by John Green was definitely thought provoking.

14. Book you can't believe you waited until 2014 to finally read?
Anna And The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (review).

15. Favourite passage/quote from a book you read in 2014?
For some reason, I haven't made a note of any of my favourite quotes I have read this year.

16. Shortest and longest book you read in 2014?
Shortest: A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens 104 Pages
Longest: Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern (review) 558 Pages

17. Book that shocked you the most?
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (review).

18. OTP of the year?
Josh & Isla from Isla And The Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (review).

19. Favourite non-romantic relationship of the year?
Anna & Meredith from Anna And The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (review).

20. Favourite book you read in 2014 from an author you've read previously?
I have only read a few books this year by authors I have read previously, I would say maybe three at the most. Of those, I would probably say Reached by Ally Condie (review) was my favourite.

21. Best book you read in 2014 that you read based solely on a recommendation from somebody else/peer pressure?
Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan.

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
I have said Josh for about three answers already so I will go with Four from Divergent by Veronica Roth (review) this time.

23. Best 2014 debut you read?
I did not read any 2014 debuts this year.

24. Best worldbuilding/most vivid setting you read this year?
Stephanie Perkins' Paris setting in Anna And The French Kiss (review) is one of my favourites of the year.

25. Book that put a smile on your face/was the most fun to read?
The Statistical Probability Of Love At First Sight by Jennifer E Smith.

26. Book that made you cry or nearly cry in 2014?
Friends Forever by Danielle Steele (review) made my cry like a baby several times.

27. Hidden gem of the year?
The Katie Parker Productions series by Jenny B Jones. I have heard nothing about this series but I loved it.

28. Book that crushed  your soul?
I really don't know for this question.

29. Most unique book you read in 2014?
Before I Go To Sleep by SJ Watson (review).

30. Book that made you the most mad?
Naked In Knightsbridge by Nicky Schmidt (review). And not for good reasons.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1. New favourite book blog you discovered in 2014?
I discovered almost all of the book blogs I like this year so I can't pick one favourite.

2. Favourite review that you wrote in 2014?
I really don't think that any of my reviews have anything special this year, I'm still getting the hang of it.

3. Best discussion/non-review post on your blog?
I'm still new to the blogging world so have not branched out much into non-review posts. 

4. Best event that you participated in?
Again, because I'm new to the blogging world I haven't participated in any events. I should really have missed these questions out.

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
I suppose it must be starting the blog in the first place.

7. Most popular post this year on your blog?
By views it is my review of Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern. By comments it is the Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Were Hard For Me To Read.

8. Post you wish got a little more love?
As my blog is so new, I'm just happy with any love on any posts.

9. Best bookish discover?
The Book People! Nothing beats super cheap books.

10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of the year?
I didn't do great with most of my 2014 challenges but I did complete my first Goodreads goal of 25 and the second of 40.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1. One book you didn't get to in 2014 but will be your number 1 priority in 2015?
I would probably have to say Allegiant by Veronica Roth.

2. Book you are most anticipating for 2015?
The Start Of Me And You by Emery Lord. I have heard such great things about Open Road Summer so I can't wait to read both that and her second novel.

3. 2015 debut you are most anticipating?
One that I have seen on Goodreads and liked the look of was The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi.

4. Series ending/a sequel you are most anticipating in 2015?
I am not in the middle of any series with and ending of sequel releasing in 2015.

5. One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging life?
I am planning to make a list of blogging/reading related resolutions for 2015 but one thing I do hope to accomplish is to complete as many of my challenges as possible.

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment