Sunday 4 January 2015

December 2014 | Wrap Up

December may be my favourite month of the year but it is also the busiest, and this year was pretty stressful.

My Life In December...
- I did a whole lot of Christmas carolling with my church.
- My uni classes finally finished but I had two horrible essays to write.
- I turned my house into Santa's grotto, I love decorating for Christmas!
- I got to spend a lot of time with my family which is my favourite thing about Christmas.
- I had my one and only final exam of the semester and it was terrible.
- I watched a whole lot of Christmas movies.
- I finally got completely caught up with Grey's Anatomy.
- I was ill for the majority of December, and still am now, boo!
- There was Christmas, of course, and my birthday a few days after.

Read In December...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dancing In My Nuddy-Pants by Louise Rennison -
This is the fourth book in the Georgia Nicholson series, and the first that was not a reread for me. The thing I really like about these books are how quick they are to read. This one was super short, I think the shortest of the series, at just over 200 pages so it didn't take long to read. I enjoyed this book but had the same problem as with the previous books in that it is a little too immature for my liking. 3/5

My True Love Gave To Me by various authors - 
My True Love Gave To Me is a collection of short holiday stories written by various authors, edited by Stephanie Perkins. I read this as part of a read-a-long and so was reading one story over two days. I loved reading it this way as it meant I took my time to read the stories and they didn't all merge into one. Overall, I enjoyed this book but I did love some stories more than others. 4/5

Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan -
A couple of my friends have been pressuring me to read this series and I finally got around to reading it. Having studied Latin and Classical Studies for 6 years, I wanted to read this due to the Greek Mythology aspect and that was my favourite thing about this book. I really enjoyed the Greek mythology but also the characters and the action packed story. 4.5/5

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens -
Due to my love of Christmas I wanted to read some Christmas books and this seemed like the obvious choice. With this being the first classic I have read, not including those for school, I had a bit of a struggle with the language and had to concentrate quite a lot while reading it. Despite this, I enjoyed the story, even though I have seen the various film adaptations so know it well, and did like the writing style. 3/5

Please, Nurse! by Joan Lock -
This is one of the books I have just recently hauled in my December Haul. I bought this because I am looking to study nursing or midwifery in the near future and this is the memoir of a student nurse in the 1950s. I picked this up as my last book of 2014 as I needed something small to reach my Goodreads  goal in time. Unfortunately, I didn't love this book. I found it to be very scattered and confusing. 2.75/5

What have you been reading in December?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment