Tuesday 13 January 2015

Top Ten Tuesday | Top Ten 2014 Releases I Didn't Get To

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke And The Bookish. Lists galore, I can think of nothing better!

This week's theme is Top Ten 2014 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn't Get To. I was making a list of the 2014 releases I had wanted to read but never got the chance to and realised that there was a whole lot more than ten book on the list but I have narrowed it down.

1. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson - Goodreads
When I first heard about this book the idea of it really interested me, as someone who loves a good friendship story. I heard so many great things throughout the year about this book and was desperate to read it but by the time I finally picked it up it was no longer Summer and this feels like the kind of book to read in the summertime. Hopefully I will get to it this Summer.

2. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge - Goodreads
This was one of the books I heard about early on in 2014 and was desperate to read it but just never got a chance to even pick it up. I am so intrigued by this book, especially since it is based on Beauty and the Beast, which is something I have not read before as I have yet to read any kind of fairytale retellings. I am really hoping to get to this one some time soon.

3. To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han - Goodreads
I have heard so many great things about this book and that is the main reason I wanted to read this one. The idea of letters being sent to your ex-boyfriends telling them you still love them definitely sound like a good contemporary read. The sequel to this book is coming out this year so maybe I will be able to marathon the two of them.

4. Don't Look Back by Jennifer L Armentrout - Goodreads
I first heard about this book before I had any idea who Jennifer L Armetrout was, I just found the synopsis interesting and wanted to read the book. Since then, I have heard so many amazing things about Jennifer L Armentrout's books, though I have not read any. As I have heard such great things about her books, and I was originally interested in the book anyway, I am hoping to get to this book in 2015, maybe around October as it sounds like a Halloween read.

5. Open Road Summer by Emery Lord - Goodreads
Open Road Summer was a 2014 debut and I had hoped that it would be my first ever debut read in 2014. The plot sounds like such a fun, summery read and, like I mentioned already, I'm a sucker for a good friendship story. I am hoping I will get around to this in 2015 as Emery Lord's second novel is being released this year and is one I am also hoping to get to.

6. Love Letters To The Dead by Ava Dellaira - Goodreads
I love books written in letter form so as soon as I read the synopsis of this book I was interested. I find these kinds of books to be very quick and enjoyable reads but as this was covering a more serious topic. dealing with death, I was very intrigued. I have heard mixed things about this book so I am a little less desperate to read this book but I do still hope to get to it.

7. Far From You by Tess Sharpe - Goodreads
I know very little about this book but I have heard Amber from Books Of Amber rave about it and as I was getting really into mystery and thriller type books toward the end of 2014, this is the kind of book that is right up my street. This is another one that I hope to get to at some point.

8. A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall - Goodreads
This book was so intriguing to me as it seems, as the title suggests, to be different to the usual chick-lit book. I really like the idea of everyone wanting the main characters to get together apart from the main characters. I have not read anything like that in the past.

9. The Kiss Of Deception by Mary E Pearson - Goodreads
This is probably the 2014 release that I am most disappointed not to have read last year. The synopsis originally intrigued me and then having heard so many great things I really wanted to read it. I have not read a lot of fantasy but this sounds like a really exciting and interesting read. I am definitely going to try and get to this in 2015.

10. Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott - Goodreads
I am also very disappointed to have not got around to this one in 2014. I have heard such amazing things about this book and having heard it described as The Hunger Games meets Pokemon, I want to read it so badly! I will definitely try hard to get to it this year.

Those are my top ten 2014 releases that I never got around to reading. What books are on your list?

Sophie :)

4 comments:

  1. We have quite a few the same! Or at least, ones that should've been on my list but I didn't quite have room :P Here's my list: https://victoriajaynesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/01/13/top-ten-tuesday-6/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely know that problem! There were so many that I just didn't have room for on my list.
      Sophie :)

      Delete
  2. Cruel Beauty is very good - I hope you enjoy it when you get around to it! :)

    Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard such great things, I can't wait to finally get around to reading it.

      Sophie :)

      Delete