Monday 13 April 2015

TBR | April 2015

To unintentionally keep up with tradition, I am once again late to the party and posting my TBR on the 13th of the month. My TBR is again slightly ambitious considering I will be spending a good majority of April studying for my exams at the end of the month. I am also in a bit of a reading slump at the moment but I am hoping to get over it in time to read all of these books.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I Was Here by Gayle Forman -
I had this book on my TBR for March but didn't get around to it, which is why it is on my TBR for April. This is about a girl whose best friend commits suicide and she is determined to find out why. I read a similar book, Playlist For The Dead by Michelle Falkoff, in March but I am hoping this will be a better take on the subject.

Luuurve Is A Many Trousered Thing by Louise Rennison -
I am still making my way through the Confessions of Georgia Nicholson series so for the month of April I am hoping to read the 8th book. Like I have said many times, these are quick and fun reads so this probably won't take me too long to read.

How To Fall In Love by Cecelia Ahern -
I pulled this one out of my TBR jar for this month and I am so glad I did. Having just watched, and completely loved, the movie adaptation of Love, Rosie, one of my favourite books and he only one I have read from Cecelia Ahern, I cannot wait to read something else by her. This is about a woman who comes across a man about to jump from a bridge and persuades him not to by making a deal, she must convince him that life is worth living in just two weeks. Despite this being my third book about suicide in a couple of months, I expect this one to be a lot different.

The Selection Stores: The Prince & The Guard by Kiera Cass -
This is the bind up of the first two novels from the Selection series, The Prince (#0.5) and The Guard (#2.5). I have read the first three books in the series this year and loved them. Now I am trying to read all of the novellas before the fourth book is released in May. I also own The Queen (#0.4) as an eBook so I may try to read that as well.

Make It Count by Megan Erickson -
This is my eBook for the month that I pulled out of my TBR jar. I have been really in the mood for 'romcom' style contemporary stories recently and this sounds like just what I have been wanting. It is about a girl who is struggling in school and enlists the help of her boyfriend's best friend to tutor her. However, they then develop feelings for each other. This sounds like exactly the kind of story I am in the mood to read.

I am also currently listening to We Should Hang Out Sometime by Josh Sunquist on audiobook and really enjoying it, so hopefully I can finish that this month as well. 

What are you hoping to read in April?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment