Tuesday 24 November 2015

Wrap Up & Haul | October 2015

Considering it is coming to the end of November and I haven't posted a single thing since my September wrap up at the beginning of October, I think you get the idea that the past few months have been completely crazy! I have been so busy that I have had hardly any time to post, and when I have had time all I have had the energy to do is sleep or watch TV. I have also still been in this ridiculous reading slump that has been going on since August so have read hardly anything in recent months. I am hoping things will improve soon but for now, here is what happened in October.

My Life In October...
- I got a job at the beginning of the month, which is largely why I'm so busy!
- I had so much uni work to do that it began to take over my life.
- I spent a weekend as a leader for a kids camp which was great fun.
- I got to go the the World Gymnastics Championships in Glasgow and see the GB team win silver!
- I went to see one of my favourite boybands, Union J, on their Audience With tour.
- I was lucky enough to meet some of the gymnasts competing at Worlds, including Dan Purvis and, one of my favourite gymnasts, Max Whitlock.

Watched In October...
- Final Destination 2 (rewatch) - 4/5
- Grey's Anatomy Season 4 (rewatch) - 5/5
- Big Hero 6 (rewatch) - 4/5
- Grey's Anatomy Season 6 (rewatch) - 5/5

Read In October...

Confessions Of A New York Taxi Driver by Eugene Salomon -
Just as Harry Potter got me out of my reading slump in September, this put me back into it. This wasn't a bad book, a lot of the stories of Eugene's experiences as a taxi driver in New York were very enjoyable and as I love everything about New York, I found much of it quite interesting. Unfortunately, it got a bit boring for me after a while as the stories all started to get a bit similar and it ended up taking me the whole month to finish. 2/5

Bought In October...

 photo October01_zpsbx5l6jzb.jpg

Life And Death: Twilight Reimagined by Stephenie Meyer -
This series is the reason I am reading today so there is no way I could let the tenth anniversary of Twilight pass by and not buy a copy of the 'reimagined' version. I have heard such mixed things about the gender swap and just the general execution of this book but I am determined to give it a fair go. I tend to reread Twilight every year now so I may mix it up next year and read this instead. 

Breathe by Abbi Glines -
Having heard such good things about Abbi Glines, I decided to give her books a go and somewhere read that the Sea Breeze series, of which this is the first book, is a good place to start. To be completely honest, I have no idea what this is about but when I saw it on Amazon for a great price as I was browsing books to raise my total for free delivery, I went for it. I am excited to get to this one eventually.

Blogged In October...
- I shared my September Wrap Up and Haul.

I can't promise November will be any better than October was but let's hope December will be. What have you been reading recently?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment