Wednesday 13 January 2016

Haul | December 2015

As you may have noticed I am currently trying to catch up on all of the posts I should have been posting during the time I was MIA, including my December haul. I was so busy in the month of December that I didn't actually purchase any books myself, however I was fortunate enough to be given a few books for Christmas that I thought I would share.

 photo Dec01_zpse0uects7.jpg

All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr - 
This is one that I would probably have never picked up if I hadn't received it as a gift. This is a historical fiction novel set during the Second World War. Having never read historical fiction, this is way out of my comfort zone but it does sound very interesting. I have heard nothing but good things about it, as you would expect from a Pulitzer Prize winner, so I am excited to give this one a try.

The Year I Met You by Cecelia Ahern -
Everything I have read by Cecelia Ahern so far I have loved so this is one gift I was really excited for. This is about a woman who loses her job and must find something to fill that void in her life. In true Cecelia Ahern fashion, I expect this book to be hilarious, heart-warming and heart wrenching all at once. Considering the first Cecelia Ahern book I read is now probably my favourite book of all time, I have such high hopes for this book and I am excited to get to it.

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins -
This is the first book in a trilogy that I know very little about, other than the fact it is a paranormal romance about angels. I have heard really great things about this series so despite it being a little out of my comfort zone, as I have never read about angels before, I am really looking forward to starting it.

On The Fence by Kasie West -
I read The Distance Between Us by Kasie West in 2015 and really, really enjoyed it so I just had to read more from her. This is about a girl who is a bit of a tomboy, having grown up in a household with just her father and brothers, and I don't really know much else. I have really high hopes for this one considering how much I enjoyed my first Kasie West read.

The Kiss Of Deception by Mary E Pearson -
I have wanted to read this since it first came out so I am so excited to now own this. This is about a girl who runs away on her wedding day and is being chased by two guys, one of whom is the Prince she was to marry and the other is an assassin trained to kill her. I have heard so many great things about this as well so I cannot wait to read it.

That is all the books I got for Christmas this year. What was the best book you got in December?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment