Sunday 1 May 2016

Mini Review | Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince by JK Rowling

Image and video hosting by TinyPicHarry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince by JK Rowling
Series: Harry Potter #6
Published By: Bloomsbury
Published On: July 16, 2005
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 560
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Rating: ★★★½

Amazon | Goodreads

As the Dark Lord’s sinister forces amass, a spirit of gloom and fear is sweeping the land. Harry Potter waits nervously in his bedroom at the Dursleys' for Professor Dumbledore to arrive. One of the last times he saw the Headmaster was in a fierce duel with Voldemort at the Ministry of Magic. Why is the Professor coming to visit him now? What is it that cannot wait until Harry returns to Hogwarts? In his sixth year, Harry will discover the secret behind the Half-Blood Prince, as Professor Dumbledore prepares him to face his destiny …

This was a bit of a struggle.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the sixth book in the series, but I really struggled to keep going with this. It took me 3 whole months to read because I had no desire to keep picking it up, unlike with the previous books in the series.

I found some parts a bit boring.
I really wasn't all that interested in the information about Voldemort's past. Although I understand why it was important and relevant to the story, it didn't keep me interested and I think that's largely why it took me so long to get through.

That ship, oh my!
Since I am in the minority having not completed this series, I'm pretty sure everyone knows what ship I am talking about. I did already know about it going into the series and I thought it was a bit strange. However, when I read it for myself I TOTALLY supported it! It was adorable!

I shed not one tear.
Most will know of the significant event that happens towards the end of this book. It is a moment which I know has broken many hearts and caused a lot of grief to readers but I just didn't feel it. Perhaps it was just my lack of interest in the story by this point in the book, I don't know.

I did like this book!
Despite all of the things I have had a little moan about, I did really enjoy this book. I didn't love it like I have the rest of the series, which was disappointing, so it is definitely my least favourite in the series. However, like I said, I did enjoy it.

Overall, it was a good instalment in the series but definitely my least favourite so far. I can't wait to continue and finish this series now!


No comments:

Post a Comment