Wednesday 27 July 2016

Tag | Mid-Year Book Freakout 2016 Edition

 photo MidYearBookFreakout_zpslmmy5gzn.png

I did this tag in September of last year as a recap of my reading year so far and thought it would be good to do it again this year. By that point of last year I had read 44 books, this year I have managed a grand total of 23. There is a fair difference in my progress this year but I am hoping that this will give me a bit of a boost to get back on top of my reading.

1. Best Book You've Read So Far In 2016
Flawed by Cecelia Ahern is the only book I have given 5 stars to so far this year, not including rereads, so I guess that's an easy one. I really loved Cecelia Ahern's first YA novel and she just proved that she can write anything and still do it well. I have a full review of this coming very soon.

2. Best Sequel You've Read So Far In 2016
I haven't done a great job with the sequels so far this year so I guess I'll have to go with The Crown by Kiera Cass. I did have some problems with it but overall I thought it was a good conclusion to The Selection series. For more of my thoughts, look out for my spoiler discussion coming very soon.

3. New Release You Haven't Read Yet But Want To
The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson! I bought it as soon as it was available but I just haven't had a chance to pick it up yet. I just recently read Since You've Been Gone and really enjoyed it so I can't wait to get to this.

4. Most Anticipated Release For The Second Half Of The Year
Lyrebird by Cecelia Ahern! It's Cecelia Ahern, that's all I have to say.

5. Biggest Disappointment
Well this is an easy one. I definitely have to say Confessions Of A Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella. I had heard so many great things about this series so I expected to love it. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. This one just really wasn't for me.

6. Biggest Surprise
I would probably have to go with I Want It That Way by Ann Aguirre. I really wasn't expecting much at all from this book, if I'm honest, but I was so pleasantly surprised. I ended up really loving it and I can't wait to continue on with the series.

7. Favourite New Author
Kody Keplinger! I read The DUFF quite early on in the year and I really, really enjoyed it. I loved the way it was written and how the lives of the main characters were actually realistic to the majority of people their age. I definitely want to read more from her.

8. Newest Fictional Crush
I feel like he's probably been everyone's fictional crush for years but definitely Jace from City Of Bones by Cassandra Clare (I've only read book 1 so no spoilers!). It has taken me a really long time to start this series but now I can see why people talk about Jace!

9. Newest Favourite Character
This is a hard one because I haven't really found a character that I LOVE so far this year but I did really like Emily from Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson. I totally think we could be best friends.

10. Book That Made You Cry
I challenge you not to cry while reading Love Is The Higher Law by David Levithan. The way the events of 9/11 and discussed and the impact it had on the characters lives, it's all so raw and emotional. 

11. Book That Made You Happy
A lot of books made me happy but I will go with This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E Smith. I mean, the clue is in the title!

12. Favourite Book To Movie Adaptation You Saw This Year
It has to be Mockingjay Part 2! The Hunger Games movies are probably my all time favourite book to movie adaptations and the final film did not disappoint. Certain things crushed my heart just as I expected.

13. Favourite Review/Post You've Done This Year
I don't really think i've done anything great but I did quite like my review of Love Is The Higher Law by David Levithan. The book stirred so many thoughts and emotions in me that I really enjoyed writing my review and getting them written down.

14. Most Beautiful Book You've Bought So Far This Year
I am still in awe over how gorgeous Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard is. So beautiful!

15. Books You NEED To Read By The End Of 2016
There are so many that I could probably do a whole separate post on that. I do definitely want to finish the Harry Potter series, continue on with the Mortal Instruments series and make some space on my YA contemporary bookshelf.

What is the best book you have read so far this year?

Sophie :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this tag. I think I may have to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it a great way to look back at my reading so far and remind myself of the great things I have read.
      Thanks for visiting.
      Sophie :)

      Delete