Thursday 5 January 2017

2016 | Reading Challenge Wrap Up

Considering how well my reading year went in general, I really don't think the final results of any of my 2016 challenges will be a surprise. At least I tried, right? Here's hoping 2017 is the year I finally complete all my reading challenges!

 photo WrapUp_zpsw0htoano.png

Goodreads Challenge - 50 Books
I only managed 36 books in 2016, which is the least I've read in a year since I started blogging. There were a lot of factors to my lack of reading in 2016 that hopefully won't be an issue this year.
Failure - 36/50

Ebook Reading Challenge - Level 2: Bytes - 10 Books
This was hosted by Annette at Annette's Book Spot and it's one I love to take part in as it really encourages me to read more ebooks. I was so close with this one, I could easily have completed it but I just ran out of time. 
Failure - 9/10

Books Read: 
1. Ignite by Lily Paradis
2. The Grownup by Gillian Flynn
3. UnStrung by Neal Shusterman
4. I Want It That Way by Ann Aguirre
5. The New Girl by Tracie Puckett
6. The Walking Dead Issue 1 by Robert Kirkman
7. Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding
8. Anna And The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
9. Happy Again by Jennifer E Smith

Audiobook Challenge - Newbie: 1-5 Books
This was hosted by The Book Nympho and Hot Listens. I started getting into audiobook back in 2015 and really enjoyed them so thought this would encourage me to listen to more. It would appear this had the opposite effect as I didn't listen to any audiobooks in 2016.
Failure - 0/5

TBR Pile Reading Challenge - 11-20: A Friendly Hug
This was hosted by Bookish Lifestyle and it's a challenge I really need to give up on. I give myself different criteria for each year and for 2016 I was counting any book in my TBR jar, which is about 90% of the books I own so I don't even know how I managed to fail this - for the third year in a row I must add. I was pretty close to the lower threshold this year, though.
Failure - 10/20

Books Read:
1. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
2. I Want It That Way by Ann Aguirre
3. The New Girl by Tracie Puckett
4. City Of Bones by Cassandra Clare
5. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
7. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
8. Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding
9. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
10. The Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

Popsugar Reading Challenge
This one only made it to the middle of the year. I started this but didn't really like the challenge list so changed to one I liked better, the Around The Year in 52 Books challenge.
Gave Up - 14/40

Around The Year In 52 Books Challenge
This is a challenge hosted on Goodreads with a similar idea to the Popsugar challenge. It is a list of 52 challenges, one for each week of the year. I much preferred this list and the Goodreads group is like a little community. I didn't do as well a I hoped in this challenge but considering I only started it around June, I don't think I did too badly.
Acceptable - 30/52

Finish 5 Series
This was a personal challenge to get me to finish some of the series I started then put off. That didn't really go to plan though.
Failure - 2/5

Books Read:
1. Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince by JK Rowling
1. Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
2. Happily Ever After by Kiera Cass
2. The Crown by Kiera Cass

Start 5 Series
Another personal challenge as I have so many first books in series on my shelves that I really need to get to . I'm pleased to say I made a pretty good dent in that collection of series to start by accomplishing this goal.
Success - 7/5

Books Read:
1. Confessions Of A Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
2. City Of Bones by Cassandra Clare
3. Flawed by Cecelia Ahern
4. I Want It That Way by Ann Aguirre
5. The New Girl by Tracie Puckett
6. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
7. Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding

I think I probably took on a few too many challenges in 2016, which led to me failing most of my challenges pretty miserably. How did you do with your 2016 goals?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment