Tuesday 28 March 2017

Top Ten Tuesday | Top Ten Authors I'm Dying To Meet

 photo 33l1evt_zpsft11yfs4.jpg

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke And The Bookish. Lists galore, I can think of nothing better!

This week's theme is top ten author's you've met or are dying to meet. I have only met two authors so far, both of whom I met through school visits a good 8-9 years ago. Those two authors are Cat Weatherill and Catherine MacPhail, who was one of my favourite authors during my early high school years. Since then things just haven't worked out when it comes to book signings and events, I'm always working or not able to attend for some other reason. However, I am determined to get to a book signing/event soon! These are the top ten authors I am desperate to meet.

1. Cecelia Ahern
As one of my all time favourite authors, of course Cecelia Ahern is top of the list. I'm forever searching the events pages of local bookstores whenever she has new books being published but she never seems to do events near me. One day I will tell her how much I love her work, or at least attempt to while I fangirl.

2. Stephanie Perkins
She is another of my all time favourite authors, I love her books so much. She seems really nice and I think she would be such a fun person to chat to.

3. Kasie West
Again, another favourite author of mine whose books I adore. I would just love to chat to her about the amazing characters she creates.

4. Morgan Matson
Have you seen interviews with Morgan Matson? She just looks like the most fun person to chat to! This video with Zoe from ReadByZoe made me pretty much fall in love with her. I basically want to be friends with her but meeting her will do for now.

5. Stephenie Meyer
The Twilight Series, as much as it has its problems, is the reason I started reading again and I owe so much to Stephenie Meyer. I still love this series and though I haven't read her other works, I would love to meet Stephenie Meyer just to thank her for reintroducing me to reading.

6. Kiera Cass
I absolutely love the Selection series so I feel like I could talk to Kiera Cass for hours about those books. I would love to have her explain her reasoning behind the ending of The Crown, I'm still not over it.

7. Giovanna Fletcher
I'm cheating a bit with this one as I haven't actually read any of Giovanna Fletcher's books. I own most of them and definitely need to read them soon, but I absolutely love her Youtube channel and think she's just a pretty fabulous person in general so I would love to meet her. I almost did on her book tour for Happy Mum, Happy Baby but ended up having to work.

8. Gillian Flynn
I would love to meet Gillian Flynn just to have met the person who could write things quite as twisted and disturbing as her books. I wouldn't say she is a favourite author of mine but I definitely appreciate her work and I think she would be so interesting to chat to.

9. JK Rowling
I would say that's pretty much self-explanatory! She's probably on most people's lists.

10. John Green
He just seems like such a nice, genuine person and he has made me laugh in pretty much every interview/video I have seen of him. Again, I think he would be a interesting to chat to.

Those are the authors I would most love to me. I'm really hoping to get to some kind of signing or event this year so who knows, I might even be able to tick one of these great authors off the list.

Who are you dying to meet? Which author would be top of your list?

Sophie :)

2 comments:

  1. I love authors who do school visits, it's so exciting for young people to get to meet authors and talk about what it's like to be a writer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I absolutely loved hearing them talk about how they write and those visits are two of my most memorable days of my time at school.

      Delete