Wednesday 12 July 2017

Top Ten | Popular Authors I Haven't Read Yet


I'm forever seeing videos around booktube about popular books or authors someone has yet to read. I love watching these kinds of videos, mainly to make me feel better about all the popular books I haven't read yet. There are plenty of them but I thought I would share the popular authors who I have yet to read any of their works, but definitely want to. I'm hoping this can give me the motivation to finally pick up some of these authors books.

1. Sarah J Maas
She is probably one of the most popular YA authors around at the moment, with two very successful series constantly being raved about, but I have never read anything by Sarah J Maas. I didn't really have much desire to read her books until I received Throne Of Glass for Christmas one year. Now I just want to see what all the fuss is about and if her books are worth the hype.

2. Marissa Meyer
How many times can I mention the fact that I have yet to read The Lunar Chronicles? I will read Cinder soon, I promise! Until then though, I haven't read anything by the also incredibly popular Marissa Meyer. 

3. Ann Brashares
I'm not sure Ann Brashares is quite as popular now as she has been in previous years but I know her Sisterhood Of The Travelling Pants series is an incredible popular, well-loved series. I love the movies but have yet to read the books yet. I do plan for the first book in the series to be the next audiobook I listen to so hopefully she will be removed from this list soon.

4. Huntley Fitzpatrick
Huntley Fitzpatrick is one of my friends favourite authors and I own two of her books so I have no excuse for not having read anything from her yet. I've heard such great things and her books are definitely my kind of thing. I'm hoping to read What I Thought Was True pretty soon.

5. Liane Moriarty
With the TV adaptation of her book Big Little Lies, Liane Moriarty has become more and more popular recently. I own The Husband's Secret and am very interested in Big Little Lies, both the book and TV series, so I need to get on this soon and read some of her books.

6. Giovanna Fletcher
I own almost all of her books, and adore her as a person, but they have sat on my shelves for years. In this case, I am putting off reading these because I love Giovanna so much that I don't want to dislike her books. I'm too scared to dislike them that I just haven't picked them up.

7. Colleen Hoover
This is another instance in which I own a lot of her books but haven't gotten around to reading them yet. I have heard really great things about her books and know I would like them, I just don't know where to start.

8. Marie Lu
I own the complete Legend trilogy and started reading Legend a while ago but wasn't in the mood. I ended up putting it down and haven't picked it back up yet. I do think I will like her books when I'm in the mood for them, I just need to give them a proper go.

9. Abbi Glines
Abbi Glines has an insane amount of very long series and I own the first books of two of them. I have heard a lot of mixed things about her books, some really love them and others absolutely hate them, so I think this has made me a little unsure. I will get to them eventually.

10. Adam Silvera
I have heard so many great things about Adam's books but was never very interested in any of them. However, his 2017 release, They Both Die At The End, sounds really good. I am definitely interested in picking that one up and if I enjoy it I will give his other books a go.

Which of these incredibly popular authors do I need to pick up immediately?

Sophie :)

8 comments:

  1. Marissa Meyer first for sure! And then Liane Moriarty. Ann Brashares you can probably skip, although I did love The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants years ago. I read only one Sarah J Maas, and I didn't like it. I haven't read any of the others either. Although Marie Lu is on my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try and pick up Cinder at the weekend when I finally get some time so hopefully I'll love it as much as everyone else seems to. I have just started listening to the audiobook of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, I'm giving the first book a go but I'll probably have to really love it for me to pick up her other books.

      Delete
  2. I also haven't read all of the authors above, except for Marie Lu. I mean, I've read ToG, along with Cinder and Scarlet, but I wasn't like obsessed or raving about their books. In fact I feel like they are just an okay book._. I also love the Sisterhood movie, it's amazing! Marie Lu's Legend trilogy is my favorite dystopian series, which says a lot for me since me and dystopian doesn't really get along :D
    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to give Legend another go, I was enjoying it when I first picked it up but I was in the mood for something else. Hopefully I'll enjoy that series as much as you did!

      Delete
  3. I love Colleen Hoover! I recommend starting with Slammed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slammed is one of hers that I own so hopefully I can get to it soon!

      Delete
  4. Marissa Meyer's The Lunar Chronicles are awesome! I didn't like Heartless, though and I got sucked into Sarah J. Maas' Throne of Glass series! I just couldn't get into her ACoTaR series, though!

    If you are into fairy tale retellings that are sci-fi and very unique I recommend Marissa Meyers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep saying I'm going to pick up Cinder next and then get distracted by something else but I have had so many people tell me to read it that I can't put it off much longer. I'm not really all that interested in Heartless but I definitely want to read The Lunar Chronicles! That's interesting that you couldn't get into the ACoTaR series, I've heard a lot of people say the opposite about her series'.

      Delete