Saturday 17 February 2018

Unhaul | New Year Clearout


At the start of every year I like to go through my books and have a bit of a clear out. I have been a little delayed in getting around to it this year, with it now being February, but better late than never. I have been a lot more ruthless this time around, getting rid of any books I know I won't get around to reading or don't plan to reread. I think I'm starting to accept that there is not enough space in my house for all of the books so it was time to pass some of the on to new homes.

The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time by Mark Haddon - I read this book years ago but have been holding onto it in the hope I'll reread it some time. It hasn't happened in the however many years since I first read it so it's not going to happen now.

Hello, Goodbye And Everything In Between by Jennifer E Smith - I read this back in 2016 and enjoyed it enough to give it 4 stars but looking back on it I don't remember anything about it and have no desire to read it again.

We Were Liars by E Lockhart - This is one that I really enjoyed when I first read it, but the fun of this book is the mystery and now that I know what happens I don't feel the need to read it again.

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell - As much as I wanted to enjoy this book, I really didn't so I will not be picking it up again.

All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven - I haven't read this one yet but I have two copies, the original cover and the Zoella book club edition, and I don't need both of them. 

With Malice by Eileen Cook - I enjoyed this book but it wasn't anything special so I won't be rereading it.

Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard - This is the same as All The Bright Places, I have both the original edition and the Zoella book club edition and only really need one of them.

Groomed by Laurie Matthew - I have had this book sitting on my shelves for years now and have never picked it up so I don't think I am going to.

Unloved by Peter Roche - Again, this is one I have owned for many years and never reached for so probably will never pick up.

Dare To Fall by Estelle Maskame - I bought this book as soon as it hit shops and then ended up finding a signed copy a few weeks later and had to buy it. Again, I have no need for two copies so I'll be getting rid of my original copy.

This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales - I really enjoyed this book but I will never read it again and it's taking up shelf space.

I Am The Secret WAG by The Secret WAG - I've had it for years and never read it. I'm actually not even interested in it anymore.

The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks - This is a sequel of sorts to The Notebook, which I tried to read a good 6 years ago and got bored. I doubt I'll ever read The Notebook or this sequel.

Heart Of The Matter by Emily Giffin - This was hard enough to get through the first time, there will not be a second time.

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater - I was so interested in this series back in my vampire/werewolf days but now it just isn't my thing so I don't see myself getting around to it.

F In Exams: The Big Book Of Test Paper Blunders by Richard Benson - This was really fun to read through the first time but these kinds of things are never really that funny the second time around.

13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson - This is another one I was interested in years ago but not so much now. I have been hearing some pretty negative reviews of this recently as well, which put me off it a bit.

The Maze Runner by James Dashner - I have tried to read this book twice and put it down both times. I'm going to be a bad reader and just watch the movies I think.

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - I enjoyed this enough when I read it a couple of years ago but not enough to pick it up again.

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness - Again, I really enjoyed this book when I read it but I don't think I'll ever reach for it again.

Grey's Anatomy by Chris van Dusen - This was a fun little companion to the TV show and brought back all the feels from the first few seasons but I would rather just rewatch the show.

How I Lost You by Jenny Blackhurst - This was a pretty average thriller the first time around so it's not going to be one I pick up for a second time.

I would say 22 books was a pretty successful unhaul. I am usually terrible at parting with my books, especially if I haven't read them, but there are just too many books I want to read to be hanging on to those I am no longer interested in.

Have you read any of the books I'm getting rid of? Am I making any mistakes?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment