Thursday 8 March 2018

Top Ten | Books At The Top Of My Wishlist


Something strange is happening at the moment. I have read the required number of books to allow me to buy more (my goal for 2018 is to read 5 books before buying another) but I have little desire to buy anything. I even went into a book store the other day and left with nothing, that never happens! So what better way to get me in the mood to buy books than to make a list of the top ten books I'm desperate to get my hands on (but won't pay full price for).

1. Meet Cute by various authors - I haven't had a lot of luck with anthologies recently but this one sounds really great. It features some authors I love, and others I have been wanting to read from, and I've heard amazing things.

2. Pivot Point by Kasie West - I love Kasie West's contemporary books but I want to see how I feel about her sci-fi series. It sounds so interesting and, since I love her writing, I really think I would enjoy it.

3. Trouble by Non Pratt - After reading Unboxed at the start of the year, I am desperate to read more from Non Pratt. I'm also really interested in reading about teen pregnancy, which this book deals with.

4. This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp - I have a strange interest in books about school shootings, I have no idea why. I read Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult and hated it, so I'm really intrigued to see how I feel about this one.

5. As Long As You Love Me by Ann Aguirre - This is the sequel to I Want It That Way, which I read back in 2016 and really enjoyed. I've been wanting to continue this series ever since finishing the first book but haven't gotten around to picking up book 2.

6. Nantucket Blue by Leila Howland - This book is exactly what I'm in the mood for right now! A summer romance in a beach town, it just screams summer. I am ready for it to be summer already!

7. Exit, Pursued By A Bear by EK Johnston - I have had this book on my Christmas list for two years now but it has yet to find its way into my possession. After reading another book about sexual assault earlier in the year, I really want to read more on the topic.

8. The Nurses by Alexandra Robbins - I am obsessed with any kind of medical non-fiction, specifically nurse or doctor memoirs, and I'm pretty much just collecting all of them at the moment. I find them really interesting.

9. Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead - This is book 3 in the Vampire Academy series, a series I have been reading for over 3 years now! I really want to finish this series but I'm in the middle of so many series that it just hasn't happened yet.

10. I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios - This is another book I have been wanting to get my hands on for a good few years now. I have heard so many amazing things about it and the synopsis has me desperate to pick it up for myself.

I now want to go and buy all of these books, so I guess my plan may have worked. Do any of these books need to make their way on to my shelves immediately? Which ones should I pick up first?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment