Tuesday 17 April 2018

Top Ten Tuesday | Top Ten Series I Need To Finish ASAP


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke And The Bookish, now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Lists galore, I can think of nothing better!

This week is a freebie giving everyone the opportunity to talk about whatever their heart desires. I thought this would be a good opportunity to give myself a bit of a kick up the backside. One of my goals for the year is to finish 5 series. We are now in April and I have yet to finish one series this year! So let's make a list of all of the series I really need to finish soon so you can give me some encouragement to get them read.

1. Unwind dystology by Neal Shusterman - I have been meaning to finish this series for so long! I've got to the stage now where I know I'll need to reread the first two before continuing and I think that's what is putting me off.

2. Pushing The Limits series by Katie McGarry - I only started this series last year so I don't feel quite as bad about not having finished this. It is one I definitely want to continue with this year but I'm not sure I'll finish it.

3. The Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy by Jenny Han - This series would be so easy to finish as I own both books 2 & 3 and their both pretty short. I just need to finally get around to it!

4. Sisterhood series by Ann Brashares - I read the first book last year and loved it. I definitely want to pick up more of these books in the summer, they're perfect summer reads! They're really quick reads as well so I could easily marathon the rest of the series if I find the time.

5. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead - This series is one I have kind of gone off a little bit. I have read the first two books and I think I just needed a bit of a break from it. I want to finish it eventually, hopefully soon, but I'm not sure it'll happen this year.

6. DIMILY trilogy by Estelle Maskame - This is probably the series I am most desperate to finish. I read book one last year and wanted to continue straight away. Now that I have the last two books I just need to get a move on and finish the series.

7. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare - I had initially planned on reading all of this series this year, including rereading book one. However, after two books my plan fell apart a little bit. I still really hope to finish it this year though, fingers crossed.

8. The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare - I haven't actually started this series yet but it goes along with my plan for TMI. I'm planning to read the two series' in publication order so in order to finish TMI, I need to finish this series first.

9. Dash & Lily duology by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan - I read Dash & Lily's Book Of Dares back in December, not realising that it had a sequel. I didn't love the first book but I'm interested to see where the story goes so I will pick up the second book, hopefully this year.

10. St Clares series by Enid Blyton - This is a series I read a little bit of as a child but never finished. I now have the complete collection and started re-reading them last year, however only read one book before forgetting about it. These books are so short that I can definitely read all of them this year.

Those are the top ten series that I need to finish as soon as possible, five of which I need to finish this year in order to complete my challenge. If there is a series on my list that you think I really need to finish right now, please pester me to do so! I need the encouragement/bullying to make me pick them up!

What series do you really need to finish soon? 

Sophie :)

6 comments:

  1. Is it horrible of me that I didn't find out that Unwind was actually a series until last year? I read Unwind when it first released and remember loving it; I'll have to reread to finish the whole series! It took me years to finish Vampire Academy because I kept having to take a break. When the final book came out, everyone was talking about it but I didn't finish the series until much later and I'm happy I finally did. I hope you enjoy them when you read it! I'm hoping to finish the Pushing the Limits series this summer. I read Pushing the Limits when it first released and then just stopped but I definitely want to pick it up again because it was so good, what I remember of it. I hope you enjoy all these series! Happy reading!

    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know it was a series at first until about a year after reading Unwind! I think Vampire Academy could take me a while to finish, it's the kind of thing I need to be really in the mood for. I'll get there eventually!

      Delete
  2. I am not a fan of book series. often, I feel too intimidated. But of few in this list are certainly on my list eg. the mortal instruments. It's just that I am afraid of the series because often they are too long and I forget the initial details :(

    My TTT: http://flippingthruthepages.com/2018/04/ten-beautiful-libraries-i-want-to-visit/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read a lot more standalones than series for that same reason! It's also why I have so many series that I have started but not yet finished.

      Delete
  3. I love the Unwind series! Hope you enjoy the rest of the books :)
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/04/17/top-ten-tuesday-155/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the first two books, hopefully I can get around to finishing it soon and enjoy the rest of the series just as much.

      Delete